Sunday, October 24, 2021

Spiritual Universalist

I realized that I have kind of turned into a spiritual universalist. :) It is partly because I am Christian and my bf is Jewish. That is helping me to come out of the mold that I was raised in, but I think that is good. 

I remember when I was younger, I would debate with people about predestination versus free will. Are some destined to heaven and others are destined to hell? My mom said, "When we get to heaven there will be a gate that says on one side, Welcome all you who have been destined since the foundation of the world. On the other side the gate will say, All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Are we destined to go to heaven or hell or is it free will? Does God create people and chose people in advance that will follow him, or do we get to choose? In my college most people believed in predestination. I got in a huge debate in one class about this. I said, "No I think at some point in every person's life God reaches his hand down to them and they can reach back up. Every person has a choice to follow God at some point." 

In the same sense, now I am starting to open my views about only Christians can be saved. Why do almost all Christians think that? Doesn't that make Christianity a cult? 

I just felt like God said there will be just as many Muslins in heaven as Christians. Think about it. Think about how devout they are in their faith. Most Muslims pray 3 times a day. They take their faith very seriously. How often do most Christians pray? Almost never. But we think we are better and more special to God then them? Really?         Pride comes before a fall. 

Just when you think you could Never loose your ticket to heaven, that is when you loose it. 

I remember my high school English teacher was a universalist. I was appalled at the time. I talked to my older brother one time and he seemed to be a universalist. Now I am realizing that they just both had a more mature view of God. Why do most of us think heaven is some exclusive club that only rich, white people can get in? 

Anyone can get into heaven if they really love God and they really respect others. That is all you need to do. Not just Christians. 



No comments:

Post a Comment