Saturday, October 23, 2021

Do You Have Faith or Fear?

 As one of my pastors said, "You can't be full of fear, doubt and unbelief and expect God to do anything for you." You can't have faith and fear at the same time. "Without faith it is impossible to please God." When you have faith, you aren't afraid of anything. When you have fear, you don't have faith in anyone or anything. You are scared of everything. That isn't a way to live. That is a way to have a horrible life. Why choose to be full of fear instead of faith? It's not fun. Choose to live out of faith, not fear. 

Isaiah 41:10 


"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


Why do we not need to mess with fear? Because God is always with us. He will never leave our side. There is no where you can go where God is not. You will never go somewhere where he cannot protect you. If you question God's desire to protect you, just know as long as you strive to be a good person, he will protect you. His protection isn't free. You do somewhat have to earn it. Stay on God's good side. You most likely already know what you have to do to be on God's good side. 

2 Timothy 1:7 


"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."


Fear is definitely an evil spirit. You can have fear without being possessed with the spirit of fear. Both kinds of fear are destructive and counter-productive. God wants you to have power! When you afraid, it zaps all your power away. For example, if I was afraid of any of you out there who read by blog, I wouldn't feel empowered to write about whatever I want. The only reason I can feel so free is because I am not afraid of anyone or anything. 


If you are full of fear, you can't be full of love. You can't be afraid of people and love them. And you can't have self-control if you are afraid. Think of any bad habit or addiction people have, they are all caused by fear. Most people smoke or do any drug to have peace. Why do you not have peace? Because you are afraid of something. Stop being afraid. 

Proverbs 29:25 


"The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe."


Nothing will trip you up in life as much as fear will. Nothing will paralyze you as much as fear. When people think they are falling in love and they get butterflies etc. they aren't feeling love, they are feeling fear. They are afraid of trusting someone with their heart. I have never felt butterflies, which made me always think I've never fallen in love, but it's that I've never felt a fear of love. I'm not afraid of anything. Don't fear people. There is no reason to fear people if God is on your side. "If God is for you who can be against you?" They can try to be against you, but it won't work. :)


Here are more great verses on fear: 

Joshua 1:9 


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Psalm 23:1-6 


A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 

Psalm 56:3-4 


When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

Philippians 4:6 


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Deuteronomy 31:6 


Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

Psalm 27:1 


The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Romans 8:15 


For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

John 14:27 


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Psalm 23:4 


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Romans 8:38-39 


For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Peter 5:6-7 


Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

1 John 4:18 


There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Psalm 34:4 


I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 118:6 


The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

Psalm 111:10 


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!

Matthew 10:28 


And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Isaiah 41:13 


For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

Proverbs 19:23 


The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.

Matthew 6:34 


Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Isaiah 43:1-3 


But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. 

Isaiah 35:4 


Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.”

Psalm 94:19 


When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.

1 Peter 3:14 


But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled.

Hebrews 13:6 


So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

Deuteronomy 3:22 


You shall not fear them, for it is the Lord your God who fights for you.

Proverbs 12:25 


Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

Psalm 27:1-14 

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 

God loves you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment