Wednesday, October 20, 2021

My BF's

 I felt like writing about all my serious boyfriends. My first serious long term relationship was when I was 17 with a guy named Moses. His dad was a pastor. He was a very good boy. That was a good choice I think for my first real relationship. We had been friends for 2 years before that. We walked to and from school together every day with another friend. We used to ride bikes to a park to play basketball. We had a lot of fun together. I ended up breaking up with him I think because he was so dull. I wanted him to be more lively or talkative or emotional. Now I wish I would have married him. It really was nice how even tempered he was. 

A year later I dated a guy 2 years older then me for a few months named David. He played the drums in a band. I kept dumping him though because he wasn't Christian. I felt so sorry for the poor guy. I must have dumped him and gotten back with him about 6 times. He was raised in church, but he was definitely a bad boy. He had had many girlfriends. He smoked. He drank. He cussed sometimes. But he had a good job at a bank, a nice car, and he was very cute. He came over for dinner once with me and my mom. I remember him saying he was trying to eat 5 fruits a day. That was cute. :) I felt bad for ending things with him. I would still see him about every 2 years and we would get lunch. He was a great guy. 

A year later I dated a co-worker named Stephen. We had worked together for a year and we became great friends. He was very sweet and very funny. He played guitar in a band. I thought that was hot. It didn't last long, because again, he wasn't Christian. I don't know why I assumed I couldn't help him become Christian. I wish I would have stayed with him. 

I didn't date at all for 4 years after him. I was in college so I was just trying to focus on my classes and getting good grades. Then after college I moved back home. I didn't have enough money to live on my own. 4 months after I moved home, my older step brother Greg moved in with us. We started out as friends, playing tennis and having family game night. One night we were in a hot tub and he was like, "So are we going to do massages or what?" And that is when our romantic relationship began. I didn't grow up with him. I didn't meet him until I was 18, so he didn't really feel like a brother. He was very cute, but very rude and very conceited. I will probably always regret being with him. 

A year later I met a guy on Christianmingle.com named Michael. He was super cute, had a hot car, and he was Pentecostal. That was interesting. I was glad that he went to church. Finally a guy who went to church. But I had some strong opinions about that denomination thanks to a Benny Hinn video a friend gave me in high school. I saw all Charismatic groups as crazy. I still do kind of. We dated for 3 months until he dumped me because I wouldn't buy him clothes with my tax return. What an idiot. 

About every year I would meet some cute guy in the fall around November and we would date for 3 or 4 months and then it would end for stupid reasons. 

After Michael there was no one serious for 2 years. Then I met Roger, the greatest love of my life. We lived together for 2 years. We couldn't get married legally because his divorce was in process with his ex, but we felt like we were married. He always said he would marry me in a heartbeat if he could. He was super sweet and smart. But sadly, he died 2 years after we met, on 9/11/2012 ironically. He went out drinking one night and the medication he was on wasn't supposed to be mixed with alcohol. That is why he died. I cried about him dying every day for about a year. I was very, very hard. 

Then I met Tim online and we chatted for awhile. He helped me a lot to not miss Roger as much. We were mostly just great friends for about 8 months. 

Then I met my ex husband Ben. We were married for 7 years. I had a lot of fun with him and our girls. We used to go hiking a lot and have cute dance parties in the living room. It was a great life. We really were the perfect family for a very long time. And then he started having demons messing with him a lot. That caused our family to break up. He thought "they" were following him, whoever they were. I think he was just plagued by demons, and I didn't know how to help him. So I gave up on him. Which is sad, but I didn't know what to do. 

I decided to rent some rooms out in my house, after he moved in with his mom, as my best friend suggested. I met Bryan. He was a great guy. He was raised in church like me. We had a really great relationship for a year, but he was very abusive with his poor 3 year old son. The way he would yell at him was appalling. So I knew I didn't really want to stay with him. I tolerated living in his house with him for a year and then went back to my house, which I somehow got to keep for a long time for free due to Covid. 

Then I was with Josh for awhile. He was a super cute, much younger guy. We could have made it work forever, but I think the age gap was too strange for both of us. He was 15 years younger then me. Yay for me, but it felt like he was my son half the time, so that was odd. We were on a walk one day and I told him I was missing Bryan. I was probably just missing being with someone my own age. He freaked out I guess and decided to shoot up a building that night. It was a former boss that refused to pay him for working. He ended up going to jail for 5 months. The day he got arrested was probably the most traumatic day of my life. I visited him in jail for about a month and e-mailed him for a long time. Eventually I stopped e-mailing him. I think I just decided it was time to move on. 

Then I met Eric, my current bf, about 11 months ago. I invited him over because he was Jewish, and I very much liked the Jewish owners of my Papa John's. He looked super cute in his pics on Bumble. His profile said that he had a Master's degree which I found to be impressive. He does not have a Master's degree. :) But we have had a lot of fun the past year. 

God bless!







No comments:

Post a Comment