Thursday, October 21, 2021

Eating

 Since I wrote about sleep, I thought I would write about the other main thing we all do, eat. :) This is something that is odd and a true story. When I was on Facebook, I was making a live video on gluttony. Right in the middle of my video, my phone literally just turned off. I was thinking "Um...what the heck..." Someone out there really didn't want me to make a video on gluttony. But I can write a blog about it. :) Hey ya'll don't be gluttonous. Eat as much as you need to have energy and not much beyond that. Food can be fun, if eaten in moderation. Did you know, you can make yourself more healthy or more sick based on what you eat? Foods that make you less sick; salads, anything green, fruits, nuts, eggs... Foods that make you more sick; anything with sugar, like the candy I just ate. :)

Here are some good verses about eating: 

Genesis 1:29 


God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food."


Any food is ok to be eaten. I have always heard, it's not about what you eat, but how much you eat. You don't need to cut out certain foods, if you are dieting. Just eat less. I prefer to avoid pork foods, because God banned it in the Old Testament, but we really are allowed to eat anything now. I have searched many times on google what the best foods to eat are for your body. I always see eggs, avocadoes, nuts, chicken, salads....Add those to your grocery list. 

Genesis 9:3 


God said, "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. As I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."


After the flood, us humans were then allowed to eat meat. That wasn't part of God's original design for us, which is why I have always considered being vegetarian. My bf basically is vegetarian. Bunnies have always been my favorite pet because they are vegetarians, and I think that is so cute! Maybe God felt bad for animals dying when he first created the world, and then he decided it didn't matter if they died. :) So now it's ok to eat meat, but too much meat can lead to several health issues, so eat it in moderation. 

Ecclesiastes 9:7 


"Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do."


This is a good verse on drinking. Is it ok to drink alcohol? Yes, but not in excess. If you need to relax or you're having trouble sleeping, that is what alcohol is for. But it should be used occasionally, not every day. If you need it every day, you probably have an addiction problem. 

Matthew 4:4 


Jesus said, “It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”


Your life should not just be about food. Do you eat to live or live to eat? Of course we all get excited about a certain kind of food sometimes. Candy makes life more fun. But our number one love should be God; not food, not money, not sleep etc. 

"Do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you."


I actually have never noticed this verse, but this is so good. It means, do you just work to make money to buy food. Is that the only work that you feel like doing? Why not work for God instead or also, if you can? Food isn't all there is to life. Money isn't all there is. Maybe God wants you to do things that don't make money, like write blogs. If he calls you to do something that you do for free, he will provide for you and your basic needs. As long as you are doing some work "God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 


"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."


If you are saved, your body is a home of God's holy spirit. So then you have a responsibility to take good care of yourself. Why? So that you can live long and have plenty of energy to serve God every day. If you eat too much, you have no energy. You probably have noticed that. If you eat only junk food, you won't feel like doing as many things for God. 


And with Halloween coming up:

Proverbs 25:27 


"It is not good to eat much honey...If you have found honey, eat only enough for you, lest you have your fill of it and vomit it."


Eat sweet things in moderation. I used to eat ice cream every day. Now I only eat it about once a week. It is best if it is just a special treat every once in awhile. Obviously it is horrible for your teeth. So is sweet cereal btw. I had to get 30 cavity fillings thanks to sugary cereals. :( Watch out for eating too much sugar. Also, sugar will always send you on a crazy sugar rush roller coaster. First you feel on top of the world, and then you feel depleted and fuzzy headed when you get the sugar crash. Be careful to not just live on sugar. Your body needs protein too. Go make some eggs. :)


I hope this helped you all to grow in wisdom in regards to food. God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment