Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Dream or Money?

I just watched a great talk by Tyler Perry on YouTube about following your dream. If you are going to live your dream, you have to pretty much not care about money. I suppose usually couples are made of one person who seeks money, which is probably why God put me with my bf, and the other gets to follow their dream. For most women that is having kids. That was my dream for awhile. Then I realized it wasn't as wonderful as I thought it would be. The main dream I have always had was to be a writer. For you it might be starting your own business. 

I tried opening a shop for awhile to sell my bracelets. I have enjoyed making bead bracelets for 9 years now. I usually just gave them away for free, but I wanted to try selling them finally. I did sell some in my shop. That was exciting. I made paintings for my shop. I painted on shirts with fabric paint. It was a very fun time in my life getting to be creative in any way I could think of. I was able to pay for the rent on the office space from renting rooms in my house. I tried putting up signs all over town, that were professionally made, to advertise my shop. A few days later, the city took them down. :( That was very discouraging for me. I probably should have thought of other ways to advertise, but I pretty much just gave up after that. 

I spent a lot of money investing in that shop, but I won't say it was all for nothing. I had fun for the time it was open. It was my own space. I got to be my own boss. I realized you can process credit card payments easily on your phone.  All you need is a small square reader attachment for your phone. Most people paid in cash though. 

Maybe someday I will do that again. I was originally hoping for an office space right by the grocery store in town. That would have been the perfect location. I met with the owner to talk about the space, but the space needed to be finished first. There is a flower shop by there that probably doesn't get much business.  But I was hoping my idea would have been cool and original. I was also planning to do custom T-shirts. Whatever design or words people wanted on a shirt I could have made. I still have all my shirts that I made. I like them. I am wearing right now that says, "Dream Big." 

Whatever your dream is, go do it. You might feel scared about it, but as Joyce Meyer says, "Do it afraid." 

If you want a bracelet, email me at angel28oc@gmail.com. Tell me what color and what word you would want on it. I can mail it to you. Then if you want to mail back an optional donation that would be cool. 

May God bless you!




No comments:

Post a Comment