Sunday, October 24, 2021

To the Black People

 This is my apology letter from all white people to all black people. :) I suppose I am thinking about racism now because in renting rooms in my house, I have had people of all different races come live here. 

Black people, I am sorry that white people can be so arrogant. I am sorry that we act like we know better then everyone else. I am sorry if you feel like we think you are less then us. We honestly don't. If anything, we know generally you all dance better and sing better and play sports better. There actually is jealousy from white people about black people, which most of you probably don't realize. Generally your bodies are built stronger as well, which is not fair. :) We are very sorry for slavery, not that we did that but our ancestors did. We are very sorry about the racism of the 60's and the racism that still exists today. We hate it just as much as you do. Trust me. 

My best friend in high school was named Nicole, who I met on my basketball team. She was black. I remember one time they were teaching about slavery in U.S. History. I asked her after class, "Is it awkward for you when they talk about slavery?" She said, "No I just realize it was a part of our history." I remember I went to see the movie Remember the Titans with my youth group. I invited her to come along. I don't think we discussed the movie after, but it was a great movie. If you haven't seen it, for sure watch it. 

It helps to talk about these things to help take the awkwardness away. I admit it is generally awkward to live with or work with people who are a different race then you. I always felt like my Mexican manager was racist against me for being white. :( She probably was just tired of all our rich, snobby white customers at Papa John's. I tried to prove to her that I was different then most white people. I think I am anyways. :)

Just know, that just because some white people are racist, not all white people are. In the same sense that some people have God's love in them and some don't. 

The beautiful thing about loving God is it unites races. As long as you love God, I don't care what color your skin is or what language you speak. That makes you my brother and my sister. :)

God loves you!!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment