Friday, October 22, 2021

My 12 Room mates

 I have now rented rooms in my house to 12 different people. It all started because my best friend recommended I rent some rooms out. So I posted my first add on Craigslist 2 years ago. My first room renter was Bryan and his 3 year old son. They took my master room and I moved to a smaller room. I made breakfast, lunch and dinner for them. I made Bryan's bed every day and did their laundry. I was probably the best landlord ever to them. :) They only needed a room for about a month until he bought his house in town. When I first heard that, it was very appealing to me. I was like, "Yes I can move into his new house with him." Which I did, for awhile. At first we were just friends, but things progressed quickly. We had a lot of fun together. He was a very great friend for the year that I knew him. 

Then I rented my front room to a guy from Cuba. He was a good renter. His first night here though, he opened the door to my room. It was probably a mistake. I'm sure he just forgot what room was his. But I had the thought, "Ah he's trying to rape me!" Lol, but he most likely was just confused. :) He had two teenage kids that he hadn't seen in years. But he was out working hard, trying to provide for them. He was a cool guy. 

Then I rented out my 4th room to a lady and her dog. The dog was quiet so that was nice. I would go on walks with her and her dog sometimes. I thought this was funny. She would take showers with her dog. I was always thinking "What the..." :) Her story was pretty sad. She was married to a guy for a year but they never ever had sex. Finally he admitted to her that he was gay. So she left him. She was just living in her car for awhile until she came to my house. She played league billiards. She only stayed for a couple months. I think she moved out when I moved to the room by her and she probably could hear my snoring in her room. I snore pretty loud. :)

Then a cute young guy named Josh rented a room here. My first thought about him was that he was way too skinny. I wanted to feed him whatever food I could. :) I did get the chance to cook for him a lot after we became a couple. I didn't see that coming though, because he was 15 years younger then me. I broke up with Bryan to be with Josh. I could tell he seemed like the hiking type so I asked him to go hiking with me. The friendship grew into a beautiful romance. I loved him so much it was crazy. I think he loved me so much it literally made him go crazy. :( It ended when he want to jail for shooting up a building. He was raised in Houston, so I think he was a bit on the gangster ghetto side. He was Christian, but obsessed with the Greek Orthodox church. He kept telling me that was the only correct church. I was just like "Ok sure whatever." :)

When I was with him, we decided to rent out the master room to a couple. They were both only about 19 and very addicted to pot, sadly. They paid me rent the first month, but after that I think they spent all their rent money on pot. They never paid rent again but stayed here for about 4 months. I was kind of friends with them so I think that's why I went easy on them. I even let them use my car to drive to work for awhile. I can't believe I let them do that, especially since they racked up a giant toll bill in my car. They would smoke cigarettes inside at like 3am even after I kept telling them not to. Finally I had had enough, so I left the house and stayed in a hotel for awhile. Then I got back with Bryan and moved in with him. I lived with Bryan for the next 10 months. I stopped paying the electric bill at my house so it got turned off. That day the young couple moved out. I was so happy! They punched 4 holes in the walls, but I easily covered that up with calendar pictures. I was very happy to have my house back.

Then I rented the house out to 4 guys. One guy was named Jan. He was super cute. He was probably the cutest guy I had ever seen. I considered him being a boyfriend, but he seemed overly nervous to me. I only like guys that seem confident. He was only here half the month each month because he had another place he lived. Maybe he just wanted my house to get away from his gf sometimes. He talked to me a bit about her in our house interview. 

Then there was James who rented the master room. He talked my ear off in our house interview. He wanted me to work with him, but I was thinking "I can't imagine having to talk to this guy every day." Then another guy wanted to move in, David. He had a fridge and washer/dryer so that was nice. I had sold mine a few months before because I needed the money. I wasn't working at Papa John's yet at that time. He seemed nice. I texted him asking when he was moving in. He said something like, "Oh you can't wait to see me huh?" Then later he said that text was meant for an ex. Uhu sure... That was funny. Then a fourth guy rented the final room. He was kind of rude though. He complained about having to share a bathroom with 2 other guys. I simply responded, "You can move out anytime if you want to." :)

At some point Jan and David got into a fight over me. David supposedly pulled a knife on Jan and asked, "Are you fucking Lisa?" Jan texted me about it. He said David had looked at all my photo albums I left there and he was supposedly in love with me. I barely ever went to my house or talked to any of them, so that was random. I was living at Bryan's house that whole time. I asked everyone to move out of my house. I was ready to just be done renting out rooms and let the bank take the house back. It was in foreclosure that whole time, which was awesome getting to collect rent without paying a mortgage. 

Then my co-worker Crystal needed a place to live. Her mom and her got in a fight. Her mom slapped her across the face. They were fighting over the grocery list. Lame....So she asked me if she could live in my house for free for a month. It ended up being 3 months and I paid the utility bills for her, but I was happy to have her there. She was a very good friend, and we had fun talking all the time about work and everything. Her son was adorable. She had a 3 year old son named Aaron. He was probably the cutest kid in the entire world. :)

Around that time Bryan kicked me out of his house so I went back to mine. He randomly texted me saying, "I need to go up on your rent since you are always working and never home." That didn't make sense at all but oh well. I just said, "Whatever I'll go live in my house with Crystal." That was pretty messed up for him to do, considering all the fun we had the past year and all the laundry and cleaning I did for him. But he was incredibly selfish, so it was good for me to be done with him. 

Then I met Eric, my current bf. He was on Bumble, and I asked him to come over. That was only about a week after Bryan kicked me out. It was a rebound thing I suppose. That is probably why it was a shaky relationship at first. We both needed to heal from our exes. For awhile Eric just came over to get it on in the evenings. :) Then after Crystal moved out, he moved in. He has lived here off and on for the past 11 months. He has been a really good friend/bf/husband. He buys me food a lot so that is nice. Thank you Eric for all the food you have bought me. Thank you for putting up with me. I know I can be difficult, but everyone can be. I will always love youuuuu....  :)

Eric and I just had two girls renting here. One girl Elaine was raped by her dad. She was living in an abused women's shelter and then came here. I was happy to let her stay here for awhile, especially since the situation with my dad was kind of the same. She helped me get a fridge again so that was nice. But her attitude was horrible. The whole time she was here she acted like she owned the house. That was annoying. She was very loud and woke us all up a lot. So I asked her to leave. 

Kim was renting here too. I became good friends with her and trained her to work with me at Papa John's for awhile. But she left recently too, I think to go live with Elaine. 

Now we have a guy renting here who seems cool. He mowed my lawn yesterday so that was nice. We might have a guy named Arif rent here soon too. And that will probably be the end of the line for renters in this house, unless the bank somehow lets me keep it. I think a few Americans a year should be randomly given a free house, because why not? lol. 

Thank you, house, for giving me so many super fun grand adventures. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment