Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Spiritual or Physical Babies

 I heard this in a talk by John Piper regarding if Christians should use birth control. He said when God created man he said "Be fruitful and multiply." But in the New Covenant Jesus said, "Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations." Therefore it would seem that God cares more now that we make spiritual babies rather then literal physical babies. 

When I was younger, you did have to physically go all over the world. Now the internet is all over the world, so you don't have to go anywhere. Just writing things online can be like going all over the world. I think pretty much every country has the internet now. If they don't, pray for them. :) I did have a dream a few years ago about going to Iraq as a missionary. You think roller coasters are a test of your courage. Try doing that. Maybe someday I will do that. With my Jewish bf. Now that would be funny. :)

God wants us to reproduce ourselves, spiritually. I did try being a mom for 7 years, which is an odd way to say it. But I think I got impatient with how long it takes for kids to mature. That is one reason I let my ex husband raise our girls. I probably should try to be a foster mom. That would make more sense for me. I make more sense with older people. But good job to me for trying to be a mom for awhile. I suppose God let me experience that so that I would understand all ya'll better. I'm sure most of you are or were parents, so I can say I have been there. I have been driven to insanity being a parent just like you. :) Have you noticed that being a parent of a young child is like living with an alien, because you can't communicate yet? It is very frustrating. I am glad that time in my life is over. Sometimes I miss it, but mostly I'm glad it's over. 

Now I can do what I feel is more valuable, teach the word to the world and grow disciples. I remember in college my friends said, "What the point of getting a degree if you're just going to have a family?" And yes, that is very true. What is the point for any woman to try to get smart and then just have kids? You can try to live your dream and raise kids, but it's hard.  

Some people are called to be parents, and others are called to change the world! You can change the world in little ways being a mom, but your focus is just on 2 or 3 people. My mom used to say, "Wouldn't you rather be everything to someone instead of something to everyone?" I guess she was trying to convince me that I should want a family someday. I was like, "No I would rather be something to everyone!" That was the extrovert in me talking. I honestly was pretty miserable being a mom because I always felt so lonely. You never get to talk. Maybe that is why I write so much, because it seemed like I went 7 years saying nothing at all. 

But this is my calling. To try to help all ya'll grow. 

The last time I was writing blogs like this God rewarded me with a life insurance check for a guy I was with, and I got to go on an awesome vacation to Australia. I wonder what he will do this time. :) Regardless of what money God might reward me with, I am just happy to do my gift of spiritual teaching. There is nothing else I would rather do in the entire world. :)

Whatever your spiritual gift is, do it. Tyler Perry says your gift is whatever you can do as easy as breathing. I can write as easy as breathing. What can you do well and it comes easily? 




No comments:

Post a Comment