Tuesday, October 26, 2021

My Grandparents

My mom's parents were raised in Texas. I remember my grandma saying, "In Texas there are more Baptists then there are people." That used to be true. :) 

My grandpa was a choir director in church. He went to seminary and was an ordained pastor, but sadly, he never gave a sermon. He started preaching at my grandma's funeral 3 years ago. I remember thinking how sad it was that that was his first time really preaching. My grandma was a very dominant woman and she almost never let my grandpa talk. I heard a quote once that the biggest problem in the world is, "The people who should talk don't, and those who shouldn't talk do." My grandpa should have talked more. He was a very strong leader for our family, or at least he tried to be. When my grandma would let him talk, he was a good leader. 

Maybe you have been stifled by stronger people in your life, but speak out when you can. There is always a pecking order in society. The stronger people try to beat down those who are weaker and silence them. I was just thinking that this mask thing is probably symbolic of people who are higher up trying to silence the common man. Don't let them silence you. Keep talking. Keep writing. Let your voice be heard. God wants your voice to be heard. Satan wants you to stay silent, but God wants you to SHINE. :)

Don't be like my grandpa and wait until you are 70 years old to give your first sermon. God has things for you to say now. Say them. 

God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment