Monday, February 20, 2023

A Scary River of Meds


My entire life I have felt like I am standing on the side of a rushing, dangerous river. Everyone I know falls into the river and gets swept down stream. What is the river? Medication. Once they jump in, the current carries them away and it seems like they are powerless. They just let the current take them away from me and from the world.

My mom had her anti-depressants and who knows what other meds. My brother was put on Ritalin very young. My dad was on an ADHD med and I don't know what else. I was the only one still not sucked into the river. I just had to watch them all half drowning and there was nothing I could do to help them. 

Now recently my ex-husband got sucked into that same river. He had hallucinations and most people think to just put a person in that situation on meds. To be fair, I had no idea know how to help him. The only way his mom figured to help him was meds. She hoped it would make him better, maybe so we could reunite. But God told me a few times that he will most likely always be crazy. I guess God just didn't want me to feel bad about moving on. 

Once you let your mind become that far gone, it isn't easy to get it back. You can't let your mind slip really far down the rabbit hole. How do you prevent that? Learn to reign in your thoughts better and have self-control in your way of thinking. Watch mental health videos that help you grow. Read books that help you grow your mind. Liten to sermons by intelligent pastors that help you grow stronger. 

"Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ."

Instead of just taking a pill, listen to great teachers. Learn how to find them and listen to them often. We all need great leaders if we want to go to great places. Always know you have more to learn. You have never arrived at a full wisdom. You always need help, so be willing to get it. Then you will heal and not stay broken, and you will never become broken again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment