Friday, February 10, 2023

What Rewards Do You Want?

 

Hebrews 11:6 

"Without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."

Jesus said, "You have not because you ask not." My outside cat was just at my door basically asking to come inside, so I let her in. She got to come inside, because she believed she could. I think we can be like that with God. He is just waiting for us to ask him if we can come inside to whatever blessings we desire, within reason. If we seek him and have faith that he wants to reward us well, then he probably will. Our faith in what we could have can bring about what we want the most. 

I asked my brother last night if he ever was suicidal. He said he felt suicidal a year ago after his dog died. I was trying to remember what happened between him and I a year ago. I had lost my house, because it was foreclosed on by the banks. I called him to ask if I could live with him. He didn't say yes or no, but just said he was moving. I'm sure he felt bad about not necessarily saying yes that I could live with him. Maybe that is one reason he felt down on himself, and maybe he should have. A week later I found out I got a huge tax return. He might have felt sad about that too, because he could have gone on my long road trip with me and had lots of fun. I didn't even consider taking him though, because he didn't seem to want to hang out with me. He didn't have faith that we could have fun together, and so we didn't. 

I had faith that God would work things out for me, and he did. I was scared about losing my house, but I knew God would provide for me somehow. God gives us a double blessing for our former trouble. That day I felt lost and alone. Now I found a wonderful man, a free house and hopefully soon he will inherit tons of money from his grandma. I have plenty of time to write now, which has always been a great joy for me. Soon we will have our first child, and I can't wait to meet her. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment