Saturday, February 25, 2023

Sugar and Caffeine

The two main ways that we all medicate ourselves in our modern day is with sugar and caffeine. Of course there is the excessive amount of soda that people drink. I heard in a video once that if the carbonation did not exist in soda, we would instantly throw it up due to the crazy high amount of sugar in it. 

I have always tried to avoid soda. I didn't really drink it at all until my mom married my step-dad. He always had 6 kinds of soda in the fridge, like we had our own vending machine. For the first time I got several cavities. I was very sad about that. 

I grew up loving coffee. My dad was quite into coffee, so I started drinking it from the time I was probably 10. I very much love the taste still. Recently I switched to decaf. I realized that is a lot better for my body. I don't have a gall bladder. I read I'm not really allowed to have normal coffee, so decaf it is. I don't miss the caffeine high at all. I feel much more at peace and relaxed now that I have given up caffeine. I highly recommend you all do too. You will be much happier if you do give up caffeine. Any guy who says they need caffeine to work more really should not. Their testosterone is a great natural caffeine. 

Caffeine is a strong drug. Try to avoid it. Sugar is also a drug. We medicate ourselves with sugar all the time. It makes us happy. We pretend to not care that it hurts our teeth. I have always known people get a sweet tooth because what we all really are craving is fruit. If you eat 3 or 4 fruits every day, you won't crave sugar as badly, because then you are getting healthy sugar. It helps to have cheese with fruit so that you stay full longer. I love to make smoothies, so I mix milk and yogurt with fruit. 

It can be easy to get high on sugar. I try to never overdo it with my sugar intake. If I have cookies, I only eat 2 or 3. I have noticed if I ever eat plain ice cream, I feel extremely hungry an hour later. I know that is because the ice cream kicks your body into a sugar high and then it drops you. I mostly try to avoid eating plain ice cream for that reason. I hate that aftermath feeling that ice cream causes. 

What is better to consume than sugar and caffeine all day? Protein. Eggs, yogurt, nuts, cheese, meat, and fruit are all good. Salads are ideal, but if you prefer to not become that healthy, try having smoothies every day. A really good one is banana, some ice cream, peanut butter and oatmeal. 

It is good to take good care of your body. You only get one. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment