Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Main Causes of Suicide

 The biggest cause of suicide is depression that a person does not talk about or write about. I would say the solution to that is prayer and writing in a journal. God wants to talk to you about everything and anything you feel. Don't let Satan lie to you and tell you that God doesn't care about what you care about. He deeply cares about anything that is troubling you. "The Lord is near to the broken hearted." You might feel like God is not near you, but the Bible says he is the closest to us when we are hurting. 

It is also very helpful to write as much as you can. I have written in a journal since I was about 10. I needed to do that a lot after my parents divorced. I used to have a box filled with my journals from age 10 to 18. There were about 30 journals. You have to let it out. Whatever you are feeling, it helps to write about it. 

If you don't like writing, talk about it with anyone you can. If you can afford counseling, go at least two times a week. I went for two years when I was in college. It was only $12 a session for students, so that was wonderful. I was able to finally cry out all the pain I felt from the time I was a kid, the loss of my innocence in my childhood. Depression comes from grief. We all lose things. We need to grieve those losses so we can fully heal and recover from them. 

If you have a church in your city that has a Celebrate Recovery program, go to it. It can be awkward to sit in a circle with people you don't know well and share your inner most pain. It can make it easier that you don't know them well though. You don't have to share a lot, but sharing any of that pain in a group setting can be very healing. It also helps to hear the stories of others. You feel genuine love for each other. It is a wonderful program to be a part of. I have gone to lots of different Celebrate Recovery church programs at many different churches. They always helped me more than anything else has helped me. 

Another main cause of suicide is terrible physical pain. I have experienced this at times. I had gallstones pretty badly for about a year. When I would feel a gall stone, I wanted to just die. It was pretty horrible pain. Usually, to help it pass through my system I would literally drink vegetable oil. It was a terrible experience, but it would always work. I let the issue continue until finally I figured it was time to have my gall bladder surgically removed. I'm very glad I got that done. My life has been 20 times easier ever since then. If you need surgery, get it done. Your pain will very likely go away. There is hope. You shouldn't have to live with that pain forever. Get it fixed. 

Strong emotional pain can also make a person suicidal. I have had this off and on since losing my daughters. I have not seen them in 4 years. At times it felt liberating, which may sound odd, but it is what it is. Other times it felt like the saddest thing that could ever happen to a person. I have a few regrets about how I brought them up and giving them up. I didn't know it would be forever, but it is looking like it might be. Be careful who you end up having kids with. Be wise in who you pick. It will affect you the rest of your life, to some degree. I know God will get me through that pain that I still feel often times. At least God has blessed me with a new child on the way. She will be due in 3 months. I am not excited about the delivery but super excited to have her here! Hopefully I will get to keep this child my entire life. Hopefully. 

Having a history of abuse can also cause suicide. I was molested by my dad as a child. My mom was somewhat emotionally abusive. My ex-husband was very emotionally abusive. He continued to accuse me of cheating on him no matter how much I told him I wasn't. He didn't believe me. That was a big reason why we simply had to divorce. If you are being abused in any relationship you are in, just know it is better to be free of that then to keep that person in your life. I feel sad sometimes that I gave up my ex, but not being emotionally abused anymore is for sure worth it. 

A recent break up can cause suicidal thoughts. I feel that it all depends on how quickly you replace that person. Online dating helps a lot with that. There are plenty of single people out there who deserve to be with someone. Don't ever think you can never have that love again. There are lots of great people who could work well for you. Just believe you will have a great love again, and you will. You have to really know you can have it, and then you can. 

Another cause of suicide can be a lack of friends. You might have lots of surface friends, but it is important to have 2 or 3 close friends that you can say anything to, and they won't be scared away. I have had my best friend Ashley since I was 14. We can talk for hours about anything and everything. She has been like a lighthouse for me most of my life. If I didn't have her, my life would have been way worse than it was. The Bible says, "Carry each other's burdens." We have done that for each other, and it has helped us both a lot. 

Money stress can cause suicide. If you need more money, get a job or a second job. You can do it. Or try to stop spending as much. If you need a cheap way to eat, just eat homemade quesadillas all the time. Just cheese and tortillas, maybe add salsa. You can spend almost no money on food if you eat mainly that. How else can you cause yourself less stress over money? Move in with a friend or a relative. They might be resistant at first because we all like our alone time, but they will eventually appreciate the company. I have thought of having family or my best friend move into my house with my boyfriend and I. I think it would be tons of fun, but I can't get any of them to agree to it. Most people are willing to open their home to someone else. The more the merrier right? That is definitely true. I noticed in the suicide stats that white people are about twice as likely to commit suicide over minority races. Why is that? Because we all have the money to live alone, or to mostly be alone. In other races, they group up more. I always thought that was admirable. Some of them can handle living in a house with like 10 family members, and they are all happy. At least then none of them are ever lonely. They always have someone to do fun things with and to talk to. Also, they generally have a lot more kids, so their life is like a non-stop party. Very nice. 

Another big cause of suicide is alcoholism and drug use. If you enjoy either of those legally, and it doesn't ruin your entire life, then don't worry about it. If you feel like it's out of control, then ask someone for help. See a counselor. Maybe go on a road trip to reprogram your life routine. Break up your daily schedule by going somewhere new. Go on a great adventure! Also, you could try living with someone else. Maybe go on a cruise, hopefully with a special person. Do something out of the ordinary to break up the boredom of your life. You might just struggle with substance abuse, because you are bored. If you are of a good age to raise kids, do that. You might just need more meaning to your life. That alone could solve your addiction problem. Also try to think of some new, fun thing you can do with most of your time. I used to love making bracelets with all my free time. Now I love to write a lot again. There is probably something, other than drinking or the drug you like, that you would like to use your time for. Watch more funny movies. Call your friends more. Call your parents more. Make your life useful so you won't do selfish things, like abuse substances as much. It can be the most selfish thing you can do, because it doesn't help anyone else. It is just catering to your flesh. What can you do for someone else today? That will cure your issue more than anything. 

If you are thinking of suicide, don't think about it. Your life will turn out ok. Just have faith. All things work together for those who love God. You will be ok. Your life will be ok. You only need to believe that it will be, and it will. May God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment