Thursday, February 16, 2023

Anger at My Ex Mother in Law

The person I have had the most anger at for the past 4 years is Melanie, my ex's mom. I keep wondering if she was planning to steal my ex and my daughters the entire time that I was with him. My mom told me once that she felt that I was a bad mom. I think she was a bad mom. I can't believe she would say that about me. 

I don't like her at all. I did at one point, but I have many reasons to have a ton of anger at her. I tried going over to see my girls 3 times. She did not answer her front door. I will always have anger at her over that. I should have been able to see my daughters. 

In her pride, she probably has always thought she could care for them better than me. She is the most prideful, conceited, arrogant woman I have ever met. The only thing she maybe could have pride about is how well she does her make up. She is unhealthy. She has never been to church possibly in her life. She neglected my ex when he was a kid. Yet somehow thinks she was a better mom than me. 

I was very frustrated by her the entire time I was with my ex. She was controlling and annoying. She tried to invade our life in any way she could. She would come over without being invited. She often bought us way too many groceries, either to show off how much money she had, or to imply we couldn't get our own food. It was always just junk food though, so I didn't like her doing that at all. 

She would buy the most idiotic looking kid clothes for my girls. I probably just didn't have the same taste as her. 

After I met her and we had to live with my ex's parents for 3 months, we got our own apartment. She was complaining to my ex that I didn't talk to her much. She told him, "I just worry about my relationship with her." I told him, "I'm not in a relationship with her. I'm only in one with you." 

Of course all my anger at her might be tied to my anger at my own mom. But really, she was a totally different nightmare. I was not used to a mom being so needy and clingy. My mom has always been very independent and encouraged me to be independent. She has never been up in my space, annoying me a lot. 

I should have compassion on Melanie. Her husband was bigger than Santa Claus. She probably did not have a very happy marriage to him. He was cold and almost never talked. I can only imagine how hard that must have been for her. That is probably why she was so needy. She had her two sisters to talk to, but I guess they weren't enough. 

She would text me every night around 2 or 3am. I have no idea why it was always at that time. Finally I just stopped texting her. 6 months later, my ex and I broke up. I always wondered if it was because she was upset that I stopped allowing myself to text her back at 3am. But who texts at 3am? 

I am very glad she is out of my life and God willing, I will never need to see her ever again. 

At least I had a fun 7 years with my ex Ben. At least I got to experience what having a happy family was like, for a season. 

This is the main verse I often thought of in regards to her:

Matthew 5:38-40

"If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well."




No comments:

Post a Comment