Monday, February 27, 2023

Side Effects

In any add for a medication they list all the crazy side effects that one might get after taking that medication. I always thought, "Anyone would have to be insane to take that, or they just don't care about their body at all." To be fair, when I smoked cigarettes for 3 years, I fully knew that could have given me black lung or cancer, but I didn't care. The only side effect I noticed was that my gums were getting puffy. That was the main reason I always knew I needed to quit. 

People will almost always do what they want to do until they finally realize it is really bad for them. Risk is stupid, but it can be fun. We all take a risk with everything. Any job you have is a risk, because any day you could be fired. Every relationship is a risk, because any day they could want to replace you. Anywhere you live is a risk, because a tornado could carry your home away. It was super windy here yesterday, so I kept wondering if that could happen. 

I think we all crave risk, which is why medication is so popular. There is the risk that it could seriously harm your body, but most people seem to enjoy that risk. Maybe they would even be excited to see how it will hurt their body. What side effect will they suffer from today? It keeps them entertained. 

I naturally experience enough pain in life. I don't feel the need to have a pill give me even more pain. It seems for me that something always hurts. Either it's my back or my head or my toe or I have chest pain. There is never a painless day. Why don't I get on medication? Because I know it might fix one issue but cause 5 other issues. All things have an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning what you take could fix one issue but cause another issue. Then you feel the need to take a medication to fix the other issue, and on and on it goes until you have way too many pills to keep track of. 

Why not just deal with the small amount of pain you have now, whether it's physical or mental? Life will never be perfect. We all just need to accept that and stay normal. Don't go crazy and run out and try fixing all your issues. They will never all get fixed. No matter what you do, life will always be full of pain. You have to man up and just accept it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment