Friday, February 3, 2023

Have Faith Rather Than Fear


A big cause of suicidal thoughts is thinking your life is terrible, or that it will always be terrible. Your mind goes into a downward spiral, and you just let it go. You don't stop the merry-go-round. This is what causes anxiety attacks. That happened to me one time. I had changed the AC filter in my home one day. I had to climb a tall ladder and stretch my arms way up to change it. I hate climbing up ladders. Just thinking of it now makes my heart race. The next morning at around 5am I started having tingling in my arm. I started reading online that can be the start of a heart attack. I felt pain in my arm and my chest. I was giving myself a panic attack in thinking that I was about to have a heart attack. I drove myself to the ER, and they gave me an aspirin. They said I was ok. 

Be careful of that slipping mindset. Don't just let your mind race without checking it. When that happens, it almost seems like you enjoy scaring yourself. Why would any of us do that? I suppose if you want to re-create the fear you feel from a horror movie, that could be why. Maybe you are addicted to having an adrenaline rush. I prefer to get that feeling from coffee, rather then allowing my mind to race like that. That was the only time that ever happened to me, and I'm glad it was just once. 

The more you allow yourself to think negatively, the more you tend to predict the worse case scenarios in your mind. For some reason, you decide that you will always expect the worst thing to happen. You think this protects you from being caught off guard. That is what Satan tells you. When the horrible things happen, you will be prepared. You don't realize, you might be causing the terrible things to happen. Whatever you put your faith in happening, most likely will happen. Jesus said, "According to your faith it will be done to you." Where is your faith? In good things or in bad things? You can predict your future by "declaring those things that are not as though they are." That is a Bible verse. Why do that for only negative things? Why not expect the best things to happen? Why not change your imagination to be good rather then negative? 

Your mind really can dictate your life. If you have faith, you imagine a great life for yourself, and you probably make that great life happen. If you are full of fear, or addicted to fear, you think of all the worst things that might happen. You don't know that they will happen. You just think they might happen. The more you put your faith in those terrible things, the more you will cause them to happen. 

A poet once said, "The mind can make a hell of heaven or a heaven of hell." This is not just your perception of what already exists. You literally can turn your heaven into a hell if you want to. Your thoughts dictate your actions. Your actions dictate your lifestyle. You could be living a heavenly life, like my ex-husband and I were, and he turned it into hell through his mind. He believed that it was a lot worse then it was, and so he made it worse. He imagined all the worse case scenarios, that I was with someone else and we broke up. Before it even happened, he broke up with me. 

This is the concept of how people should be innocent until proven guilty. When you think this way, you imagine that all people are guilty until proven innocent. You already suspect them of being terrible. Maybe they haven't even done anything terrible, but you anticipate that they will. Then you cause them to act terribly, because you expected it. Your expectations draws out bad behavior.

I always thought of this when working with children. If you think of a child as an angel, they generally will act like an angel. If you think they are a little demon, they will act like one. People will live out whatever our expectations are of them. Have faith in the people in your life, and they will rise to your level of faith that you have in them. 

There is a mental illness called Co-Dependency. The sickness is this. A person always suspects that their mate will get drunk again or use drugs again. This suspicion causes the bad behavior. What we expect of others is what they will do. 

Believe for the best rather then assume the worst. Have faith in people. Believe they can be great and do great things, and they will. 

When I was growing up, my parents expected my older brother to get bad grades, and so he did. They expected me to get good grades, and I did. I always wondered if they would have just believed in him more, would he have done better and greater things? All it takes is for one person to believe in you to cause you to accomplish great things. Everyone believed in me. I think that was why I generally always did well. 

If you want those around you to do great things, believe they can do great things. Activate your faith. Turn on your belief about them. Your life will go better as a result of that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment