Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Anger at Snoring

Snoring has affected my life a lot, actually. I married my ex-husband 10 years ago. Just a week after we were married, he started sleeping on the couch. I guess it was because I snored. He never actually explained why he liked to do that. Most men are worried that marriage will stop sex. For me, it ended the opportunity to cuddle. Very sad. My ex-husband never cuddled with me actually. No wonder why our marriage was so plain and unloving and cold. 

Then with my next boyfriend after him, one night we were cuddling and he yelled out in the middle of the night, "Stop snoring!" I never tried sleeping in his bed again. 

Currently my boyfriend snores quite loudly. Luckily we have two separate rooms to sleep in. I try to fall asleep with him, but if his snoring keeps me awake, I go sleep in the other bed. 

If you get mad at your mate for snoring, try to not get mad about it. They can't control it. Just go sleep somewhere else. "Blessed are the peacemakers." Don't fight over something they can't change. It's not like you can reason with them when they are awake and convince them to stop snoring. Just sleep in separate beds. Maybe try to just cuddle with them in the mornings. Most people snore less loudly in the mornings, for whatever reason. 

Don't let snoring keep you from loving your mate well. They deserve your love. Don't stay mad at them over snoring. Forgive them for their snoring. They know not what they do. 

Leviticus 19:17-18

You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment