Monday, February 6, 2023

Things You Can't Change


I named my oldest daughter Serenity to remind me of the Serenity Prayer. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." It is easy to be angry about things you can't change. You can always pray about them. Granted God might not answer all of your prayers. He might make you wait on some things, but he knows what we need more than we do. 

My entire life, I wished I could make my mom not depressed. Then I wished I could make my ex-husband more rational and not so crazy. Now I wish I could live in a beach house with my sweetie. We can't always get what we want. What do we do when that happens? When all our wishes don't come true? We learn to accept it. We learn to become more content and want less things. 

Some people just stop dreaming when they don't get what they want. You can also just begin new dreams. Things that are more attainable. Things you can actually cause to happen. 

Don't give up dreaming when your dreams don't come true. Don't stop praying when your prayers go un-granted. Think of new, maybe better, things that you might want to see happen. Then try your best to make them happen. They probably won't just randomly happen. You have to chase after those things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment