Sunday, February 5, 2023

Angry Homes

 

Ephesians 6:4 

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."

Raising children is by far the hardest job that anyone can try doing. It is almost impossible to stay patient with kids 24/7. There are many factors that can cause a parent to act harshly toward their kids. It is best to stay in peace, but that isn't always easy. 

A lot of fathers are way too hard on their sons. I saw this a lot with my dad and my older brother. My dad was very mean and critical of my brother. I guess he was trying to toughen him up. He didn't want my brother to get picked on a lot, like my dad got picked on by his older brothers. But my brother didn't have older brothers. I don't think my dad needed to make him as strong as he thought he did. The result in my brother was the opposite. I think my dad made my brother more weak rather than strong. My dad made him have a lot of anger at the world. He found it hard to trust anyone. He was a very angry young man most of his life. He still seems to have a lot of residual anger. I don't know if he will ever be fully happy or recovered. 

I knew a guy who was very harsh with his cute little 3 year old son. It was very sad for me to watch. I never understood how he could be so mean. I am guessing his parents were impatient with him, so that carried over to how he was as a parent. 

Be gentle with your children. They are just little kids. They don't deserve for you to yell at them or hurt them emotionally or in any way. Try to give them a happier childhood than the childhood you had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment