Monday, February 13, 2023

Anger at Women

I have been hurt more in my life by men, by far, but many women have hurt me too. My step-mom was a very cold woman who didn't seem to love me at all. She was OCD about cleaning and made my childhood not fun anymore. Now I am grateful that she helped me learn to be clean, but at the time it was hard for me. It could be because she was from Florida. I'm sure there are tons of bugs there, so staying clean is vital so that bugs won't invade a house. 

Another woman who just blew my mind with how mean she could be, was a former co-worker. I tried to be her friend initially. She told me her and her boyfriend were physically abusive of each other. She said he beat her but then said, "But I can give him a good beating too." I remember thinking that seemed very strange. I had never heard a woman say that before. I only worked with her for 2 months, but it was hell on earth. I felt like she kept trying to turn my friends against me at work, and that made me very sad. I knew she wanted my assistant manager position. She didn't necessarily need the money. She just wanted the power. She was the most power-hungry woman I had met. Formerly she was a head manager of another Papa John's, so I'm sure it drove her crazy to be at the bottom. Eventually she quit, which was great for me. I quit shortly after she left, because she had effectively turned most of the workers against me. :(

I have been hesitant to go back to work, because I wonder if I will have to work with another woman like her. At any job, most of the workers are fighting over hours. That has always annoyed me at any job I've been at. I always try to be very relaxed about that. If they want me to work part time or full time, I am good with anything. I worked at a restaurant where one of the servers would seat everyone in her section if she could. I would ask the manager if I could go home since she hogged all the tables, but they would want me to stay to help clean. Ah work. 

One of my former bosses was quite crazy. I pride myself on being able to be her friend, as best as I could, for 2 long years. I did everything she needed to have done, but it seemed she was never happy. She was so picky about every little thing and micromanaged everyone. It was hard to please her. I quit a few times, because I just needed a break from all the criticism. I kept wanting to take over her position. She almost let me at one point. I always felt I could have been a better manager then her, because I would have been nicer. 

All that is why I am very happy to just be a hermit again now. I look forward to being a stay at home mom. I am sure it will be always peaceful and happy. Thank God for helping me to become a mom again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment