Monday, February 13, 2023

Anger at Other Races

I have a neighbor kid that lives across the street who used to knock on my door often wanting food or money. He has parents. He isn't homeless. But he is often outside, and I wonder if his mom mainly wants him to stay outside, so in that sense it's like he's homeless. He is African-American. I pray for him and his parents, that his parents will provide for him well. I have been very annoyed by him though, and I wonder if it's mainly because he is black. 

I don't have too many reasons to not like black people. Ok there are a few. I played basketball in high school. I was moved up to Varsity as a Sophomore. I felt very honored, but it incurred a lot of jealousy from the older players. A Senior pushed me at practice one day. She pushed my back so hard that I went flying forward and fell on my stomach. I probably should have just quit playing basketball after that, but no, I just endured her hatred of me the rest of the year. I had no idea why she hated me that much. Maybe she just hated all white people. So there was that. 

Then at my last job, I was scared pretty badly one day by a black co-worker. He was strongly verbally attacking an older worker that we had. He was harassing him, saying he needed to fill the soda cooler before he left. I felt like he was literally possessed in that moment. He did not seem like himself at all. I threatened to call the police and he stopped. I didn't know what else to do. It was like he wanted to be relentless. It seemed like some other entity was driving him to be super cruel. 

My only other bad interaction with a black person was when I worked at Office Depot in college. Our manager was a black woman. She was harassing some of the guy employees one day and it freaked me out. I had never seen a boss act so abusively. 

So I have mostly tried to stay away from black people. They seem to only want to cause drama, and I prefer to avoid drama. I don't know if that makes me racist or just smart. If you have anger at black people, I totally know how you feel. All I can say is pray for them that they will stop being so mean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment