Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Pain Pills

I have had extreme pain many times in my life, but I have never gotten on pain pills. I suppose I am more inclined to grin and bear it. That must come from my years of playing basketball, and from having an older brother. I grew up super tough and God willing, I will always be very strong. 

The tricky thing about pain pills is getting off of them. They can serve a purpose for a while, if you cannot handle whatever pain you are feeling, but no one should stay on them for life. This tends to happen very often. 

If you have any kind of physical pain, try taking really hot baths. Go sit in a hot tub, if you can find one. Buy a hot tub online. Try putting an electric heating pad on where you are hurting. The electric ones work better than ones you might warm up in the microwave. Use an ice pack, depending on what kind of pain you have. If you have a bad headache, it might be caused by the air being super dry. Get a humidifier or boil some water on the stove. Fill your bathtub with hot water to make the air less dry. Put a hot wet washcloth on your face for any allergy pain you may have. If you get lots of mucus, try blowing your nose every time you go to the bathroom. Sudafed might help you, but if you take it too often, it can make you feel jittery. 

A great solution for physical pain also is icy hot patches. A cheaper version of those is a brand called Salonpas. You can get a box of 60 at Wal-Mart for around $4. I have been putting those on any place that I have pain for the last 5 years, and they help me tremendously. 

If your back hurts, or your ankle or your neck, try seeing a chiropractor. It can get expensive, but usually they have membership options. I had a membership at one and it was only $12 a month. It felt very worth it to me. Any time I had pain, from working in my pizza store, they would fix it literally in just one session. I always thought of them as miracle workers. 

You don't have to live forever with your physical pain. There are many good, natural solutions other than pain pills. It helps to pray about it too. Ask God what he would recommend for you to do. Pray for him to heal you, or he will help you figure out practical things to do to make your pain go away. "The Holy Spirit leads you into all truth." Eat healthy. Use heat. Stay away from pills. Your later self will say thank you to your current self. 


No comments:

Post a Comment