Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Anger Over the Weather

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. The weather was super windy here. I always get a little paranoid that a tornado might break out when it's really windy. I was thinking the windy weather could have been symbolic. Love carries you all over the place, like the wind. You never know where it might lead you next. 

I am currently living in the middle of a desert. It is nice that it barely rains. I tend to get bad, annoying headaches anytime it rains. I think I am super allergic to mold for some reason. The dryness here can be quite annoying. Almost every night my top lip gets a cut in it because my lips get so dry. I need to remember to put chap stick on before bed.

I used to live in Austin. I got the worst headaches there the entire 5 years I lived in that area. It was partly the rain, but mainly the pollen from all the Cedar trees. I don't think I would ever want to live over there again. I was on a road trip driving through San Antonio and instantly got a terrible headache from all the Cedar pollen in the air. I don't know how anyone can live in that area. I suppose they become immune to the pollen somehow. 

I used to live in CA. I remember my eyes were burning out there a lot. I thought it was my contacts, but it could have been how dry it was or that pollen in the air. 

The only place I haven't gotten terrible headaches was Nebraska. Maybe someday my sweetie and I and our baby can move there. It would be nice to live by my brother again. I remember one time landing there on a plane and thinking it was the cleanest air in all of America. It probably is. Maybe because Omaha is the only major city in the middle of nowhere. 

My biggest dream is to live in the redwood forests in Northern CA. I probably would need to visit first to see if the air gives me headaches there or not.  


No comments:

Post a Comment