Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Anger Over the Parents You Got

I have had a lot of anger at God my entire life over the family that I got. Why did my dad have to be so perverted? Why did my mom marry him? Why did my mom have so many temper tantrums? 

I suppose no one gets parents they are totally happy with. We all don't get to pick our parents, but we wish we could have. 

My first serious boyfriend said his mom would smack his dad across the head sometimes. She was very disrespectful of him, for no reason. They had a hard relationship. They didn't have sex for a very long time and had separate rooms. It is ok to sleep separately, but there should still be times to be intimate. She would sit in a chair and pull her hair out and rub her feet on the carpet. It sounded to me like she was possessed for a while. 

With my second serious relationship, he had said his parents didn't interact with him much. His mom worked a lot and his dad literally never talked to him. He never felt like his dad really loved him. He never taught him anything, even though he would go watch him in his woodshop. 

Another guy I was with, his mom would pretty much just want his dad to always be outside working. There wasn't a farm to care for, but he always had some project going on outside. I found that to be sad. He wasn't allowed to be inside? Some couples are so odd. 

Another guy had told me his mom was belimic. I always felt mad at his dad about that, like maybe he wanted her to starve herself. There has been a terrible epidemic in America for a while of women thinking they need to be super skinny. Us women need to embrace looking normal, rather then looking sickly and overly skinny. 

The thing that really was the sad icing on the cake in my family was that my mom married two child molesters in a row. What was she thinking? She was the most naive woman ever I guess. I think because she was raised very sheltered, she did not realize how much evil there is out there. Her dad, my grandpa, was a church choir director. Both her parents were also teachers, and they had good hearts. It was nice that she had a super safe upbringing, but then she wasn't prepared at all for the evil some people have inside them. She didn't see it in my dad and step-dad because she wasn't used to seeing it. She took the idea too much to heart that all people are innocent until proven guilty. I have preferred to be more on the other end of that, so that I wouldn't be super gullible like her. 

If you had terrible parents, you will be ok. God can re-parent you. The more you pray, the more you might listen for God to speak back to you. I have noticed God to me sounds like a mother. God likes to correct me a lot, but I know I need it. 

Also, friends can help you grow stronger. Your mate can help you feel loved like maybe no one else has. None of us had perfect parents. If you are mad about the parents you got and feel it wasn't fair, just realize no one got super great parents. That is just life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment