Tuesday, February 21, 2023

How You Can Quit Smoking

Matthew 17:20 

"Truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”

It seems that most people who smoke wish that they could quit. How do you quit? You just have to believe it will be easy for you and it will be. If you are tempted to get cigarettes every time you get gas, just pay at the pump and don't go inside. Try to go out less and order your groceries online. Try to find more foods that you enjoy. A lot of people smoke just because they are hungry, and they don't know what to eat. 

It is also an issue of not wanting to feel whatever you are feeling. Maybe you want to numb some pain that you feel. You have to allow yourself to feel that. It is better for your mind in the long run if you don't keep stuffing what you are feeling. Learn to accept your pain as a part of life. Everyone experiences pain. We can't always avoid the feelings of sadness or fear or anger. 

It can also just be an excuse to get outside. I used to smoke for 3 years. I always thought, "I'm going to enjoy some fresh air, while filling my lungs with toxic smoke." You can go sit outside without smoking. For me it helped to get some kittens from Craigslist. Then I had a different reason to go outside. I had something else to keep me entertained outside. 

You might also think you need it as a physical pain killer. I used to think only smoking could help my headaches. The best thing for a headache is sleeping more. Your body is trying to tell you it's tired. If you can sleep more, then do it. 

It can be easy to want to smoke if you feel angry. Try to not get angry as easily. It really is a mindset. Just decide that not as many things matter. The less you decide that something matters, the less it will cause you to get angry. 

Stay calm without smoking. It is easy if you think it is. Good luck quitting smoking. I believe you can do it. May God bless you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment