Sunday, February 19, 2023

My Dating Standards

With my ex-husband, the only reason I decided to be with him was that initially he had a hot body. That went away with time. He stopped working out. He started smoking. He didn't seem to care about eating healthy at all, the entire time we were married. Toward the end of our marriage, he looked pregnant. I suppose that is what killed the love for me. Men are not meant to look pregnant. The one reason I was with him was then gone. 

With my current boyfriend I have 5 reasons why I picked him. I love his cute face. I love his hot body. I love how generous he is. He is the most generous person I have ever known. Also he is the best listener I have ever known. And one day he will inherit a lot of money from his grandma, so that is a big plus. 

It is nice to remember why you picked someone. We all have a list of things we are looking for in a person. My list when I was younger was that I wanted a guy who had a college degree, who was athletic, smart, Christian and funny. 

My boyfriend does not have a college degree. Neither did my ex. Mine seemed to be mostly pointless so I stopped caring about a guy having that. Both were athletic. Both seemed to be Christian. I think only my current man is actually Christian. A man being funny isn't as important to me now. I prefer someone who is serious, now that I am older. 

I hope you are content with whoever you are with. I hope they meet your needs and expectations and that you meet theirs always. May God bless all you who are in a relationship and may it always stay strong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment