Monday, February 27, 2023

Coffee and Benadryl

The most common anti-depressant that Americans use is coffee. It is a natural motivator so you can do Anything. It helps you have the energy to do whatever you need to get done. It has side effects though. Usually it hurts your stomach. It might make it hard to sleep at night, if you drink it too late. It can mess up your teeth if you don't brush after drinking it. 

Almost my entire life I looked down on my mom's medication and she looked down on my coffee. She has always been very against caffeine. I think it's just because she knows she can't combine that with the meds she has always been on. If she was on a stimulant and she also had caffeine, it probably would have put into hyper drive, more than she wanted to be. If she was on a downer, she wanted to feel calm and at peace, and the coffee would interfere with that. It is too bad she never learned to appreciate coffee though. She has always struggled with constipation. I have tried to tell her a few times that coffee would fix that issue for her, but she won't listen to me. 

An easy to get sleeping type pill is Benadryl. It is mainly meant to clear up mucus, but it can also put you to sleep. I used it when I had Covid. I would wake up, eat some crackers and take a Benadryl just to keep sleeping. I knew I needed to sleep it off. I have used it sometimes on other occasions when I wanted to sleep but couldn't. 

If you do use Benadryl for sleeping, don't use it every night. Hopefully you can sleep naturally most nights. And with coffee, if you are tired of it hurting your stomach, try switching to decaf. I did recently, and I am much happier drinking decaf. I have always had stomach issues and it might have been the normal coffee that somewhat caused that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment