Saturday, February 4, 2023

Anger Turned Inward

 Suicide is a result of anger at the self. We all feel anger. People who attack others feel anger mainly at others. People who are depressed or suicidal mainly feel anger at themselves. Why do they feel so angry at themselves? 

Most likely they feel remorse over decisions they made. They feel they can't forgive themselves. This is where therapy can help. For any who were sexually abused, their therapist could help them see that it wasn't their fault. 

When I was younger, I hated the child version of myself. I was so mad at her for a long time. I blamed her for my dad sexually abusing me. I have read in recovery books that it feels easier to blame yourself then to blame the parent. For some reason, it is harder to feel at anger at your parent, probably because we all know we are supposed to honor our mother and father. 

My counselor had me bring in pictures of the little me and talk to her. It was such a strange thing to do, but it was very needed. I didn't realize until then how much anger I had at the little me. My dad had convinced me that it was my fault. Almost all child abusers do that, because then they won't hate themselves. I am sure demons tell them that the child wants it. 

If you were sexually abused, it is ideal that you forgive yourself. Kids don't know anything about sex. You didn't know what you were doing. 

Don't hide that anger at yourself inside of you forever. You have to let yourself off the hook. You are not to blame for what happened. Forgive yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment